Saturday, June 4, 2016
• several prelates
• Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser Al Missned of Qatar (more details)
• ambassador of Chile, Manica Jiménez de la Jara
• ambassador of Belgium, Bruno Nève de Mévergnies
• a delegation of the International Centre for the Diaconate (full text, more, and more, and more details)
• participants in the Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies (full text, summary video)
Of messages, today Pope Francis sent letter to Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re in his capacity as Pope Francis’ special envoy at the 11th National Eucharistic Congress of Argentina, held in San Miguel de Tucumán, June 16-19, 2016 (full text in Latin).
Additionally today, by way of the Papal Almoner Konrad Krajewski, Pope Francis has given the special gift of an electric scooter to an elderly disabled couple on the outskirts of Rome.
Also today, Pope Francis made some appointments. Of note, Pope Francis also approved an ad experimentum statute which on September 1st, 2016 suppresses the existing Pontifical Council for the Laity and the Pontifical Council for the Family, and creates of a new dicastery in their place “for the Laity, Family and Life” (full text in Italian) and issued a Motu Proprio letter to clarify procedures for engaging with bishops involved sexual abuse (full text in Italian, summary video).
As well, Pope Francis sent a tweet:
Let us hear the cry of the victims and those suffering, no family without a home, no child without a childhood. (link)
and made a post to Instagram:
And that’s the Pope Francis news for the day!